Chemical peels are widely known for improving skin appearance and eliminating dull and dead cells. If you have got a fair skin and light hair, you are the best candidate for getting chemical peeling. In case you are darker you are at risk of having an uneven skin color afterwards.
Chemical peels can be used : to reduce age pigmentation, freckles and uneven skin color ,to improve overall skin appearance, to treat acne and wrinkles caused by aging process and excessive UV sunrays.
There are 3 types of chemical peels:
- Superficial(requires minimum time, short rehab, little redness is expected)
- Medium(good for skin with sun spots and moderate acne scarring, recovery period- about a week, constant moisture and ointment is needed)
- Deep(aims severe skin troubles, acne scars and excessive sun damage, rehab period can last up to 14 days)
During the chemical peel treatment chemical liquid is applied onto your face which later exfoliates damaged and dry skin and eventually peels off after a certain period of time. Acid that is used makes the top layer of the skin break down. Chemical peeling can be performed on the face, neck and hands.
The whole process of having chemical peeling treatment includes several steps:
- Removing make-up and cleansing the face
- Using ointment around eyes, nose and mouth
- Applying certain acid type depending on what your desirable result is
- Using a neutralizing agent(only during deep chemical peeling) to prevent acid from further penetration
As a result a softer, smoother and more radiant new elastic skin appears.
In order to get the best outcome don’t forget to apply sunblock every day since your skin is going to be vulnerable to the sunrays for some time.